Privacy Statement (“Statement”)
This Statement was last updated on 15 August 2019.
Engine Room Solutions Pty Ltd ACN 632 921 003 (“we”, “our” or “us”) is committed to protecting the personal information that we may collect and hold about you. This Statement sets out our procedures relating to management of your personal information. Although we are not bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Act”), we adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”) as far as they apply to us.
By voluntarily supplying us with your personal information, you are agreeing to be bound by this Statement. Any amendments to this Statement will be notified to you by posting an updated version on our website.
If you click on a link on our website that takes you to another website, you are no longer protected by this Statement.
Collection of personal information: The personal information we may collect and hold about you includes:
- contact information: such as your name and address, telephone numbers and email address;
- financial information: including bank account details and credit card details related to you or a funding body that may provide financial support to you in connection with the submission of materials to us;
- education information: including where you are/have been enrolled as a student, publication history, information related to any education program you may be connected to; and
- business details: including Australian Business Number (“ABN”).
- If you are submitting materials for publication, we may also need to collect personal information about any co-authors or individuals named on submitted material. If you provide the personal information of another person or entity, you confirm that you have obtained their consent prior to providing their information to us.
Cookies: We may use “cookies” or similar technologies to collect data. A cookie is a small file, typically of letters and numbers, downloaded on to a device when you access our website. Our website collects technical information about the device you access our website from, and your behaviour and activities on our Website.
Means of collection of personal information: Your personal information may be collected in a number of ways, including:
- directly by us when you seek, or enquire about, our services; or
- when you use our website or complete a form on our website.
We may also collect information about you from a third party sources including publicly maintained records, education institution records, or from other public sources.
Use, disclosure & purpose: We collect, hold and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
as a necessary part of providing our goods and services to you;
- to promote and market our products and services to you or provide you with information that we believe may be of interest to you (unless as directed otherwise);
- to personalise and customise your experiences with our website;
- to help us research the needs of our customers and to market our goods and services with a better understanding of your needs and the needs of customers generally;
- publish academic papers and articles; and
- other purposes related to any of the above.
We will only use your information for the purposes for which it was collected or a purpose related to the primary purpose, if this use would be reasonably expected by you, or otherwise, with your consent.
Quality, access to & correction of information: You may have access to and seek correction of any personal information that we may hold about you. Requests for access to, or to update or correct your personal information must be in writing accompanied with the details of your request. We will respond to your request for access to your personal information within a reasonable time after you make the request.
Storage and Security: We take reasonable steps to securely hold any electronic or physical information. We are committed to keeping secure the data you provide to us and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, interference, unauthorised access or alteration.
Dealing with us anonymously: You may deal with us anonymously or using a pseudonym when making a general enquiry about the goods and services that we can offer to you (including via telephone or our website). At the time you engage our services, it is no longer practicable for you to deal with us anonymously or using a pseudonym.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached a term of this Statement or the Act you may submit a written complaint. The written complaint can be emailed or posted to us using the contact details set out below. You must include contact details for us to contact you regarding your complaint.
Our Privacy Officer will consider your complaint and respond as soon as reasonably possible, but not more than 30 days from receiving the complaint.
If you are unsatisfied with the outcome of your complaint you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner to be resolved.
Contact us: If you wish to:
- gain access to your personal information;
- make a complaint about a breach of your privacy;
- stop receiving direct marketing materials from us;
- contact us with a query about how your information is collected or used;
- contact us regarding any other matter concerning this Statement,
you can speak directly with our staff who will do their best to try to resolve your issue as simply as possible. Alternatively, you can write to us or send us an email so that our Privacy Officer can consider the matter. We will respond to you as soon as reasonably possible.
Privacy Officer, Engine Room Solutions P/L
PO Box 1
BRIDGEWATER SA 5155
For more information on privacy see the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at: http://www.oaic.gov.au.
Creative Commons Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
To the extent that copyright subsists in a third party, copyright remains with that party and permission may be required to reuse the material.
Journal of Australian Postgraduate Research • Engine Room Solutions Research • Emergency Management Consultants
© Copyright 2019 Engine Room Solutions. All Rights Reserved.